The American Legion
H. U. Wood Post 245
AMERICAN LEGION BOYS STATE
Texas Boys State is a program for qualified high school juniors who take part in a week long educational program at the University of Texas in Austin. Each participant becomes a part of the operation of his local, county and state government.
Additional information pertaining to Boys State can be obtained on the American Legion, Department of Texas web site at: www.TexasBoysState.com .
The 2018 Texas Boys State will be held in June 2018 at the University of Texas in Austin. Dates have not yet been set. American Legion H.U. Wood Post 245 will be sponsoring boys who are attending High School in Guadalupe County. Interested juniors can contact the American Legion Post 245 for futher information at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 830-379-1079. Your High School Counselors also have information on the Texas Boys State Program.
* It is mandatory that you apply on-line at texasboysstate.com
* You must print your on-line registrations and it must be dropped off at H.U. Wood, American Legion Post 245 at 618 E. Kingsbury St., Seguin, Texas. (Hours open: 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm, Monday thru Saturday)
* Ensure that you fill out the Post information to reflect Post Chairman: Mindy Messinger.
* It is mandatory that you attend the Interview/Orientation on February 20, 2018 at 6:00pm or March 7, 2018 at 6:00pm. Parents are invited to attend.
* For any additional information, please contact Mindy Messinger at 810-701-7694 or email at email@example.com.
The American Legion Post 245 sent 14 boys to the
American Legion Boys State in Austin, Texas
from June 10 to June 15, 2018.
Connor Blankenship Connor Phillips Jacob Urban Wyatt Smith Ronald Estes Andrew Switaj Justin Ablin Cody Kachmar Bayler Scott Ryan Phillips Zachary Simmons Justice Green Myles Beicker Ricky Huerta
The American Legion Auxiliary sponsors a similar program called Girls State.